Terms and Conditions
(Buyers are bound by the Terms and Conditions whether you read them or not)
- We do accept phone bids the day of the sale with no extra fees added. Please call (308) 783-1866 to pre-register (you must pre-register prior to December 5). Sale day phone is 308-783-1866 or 308-631-1479.
- All horses will be available for viewing and inspection prior to sale. Please inspect horses PRIOR to sale time. There is no warranty, expressed or implied by sale management or any representative thereof for as to the soundness, physical condition, health or disposition, nor as to merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any horse offered in this sale. All horses are sold “as is” with all existing conditions and defects except as otherwise expressly stated herein.
- Neither the Auctioneer, Twombly Performance Horse Sale Management, any representative thereof, nor their consultants shall be responsible for any liability whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the loss, damage, injury, death, or illness of any horse, person, or property before, during or after the sale.
- All riding horses will be guaranteed sound until 12:00 pm on Monday following the sale. Pioneer Animal Clinic will be the only vet that can make soundness decisions in order to obtain refunds. We represent and warrant to the buyer the following. (1) The horse is sound of eyes, wind and limb. (2) The horse is not a cribber. (3)The horse has not been nerved nor does he have navicular disease. This soundness guarantee will apply only to horses with problems existing prior to sell time and not to problems caused after the sale by the buyer’s hauling or use of the horse. The horse must be returned to Coyote Slide Ranch and its condition verified and approved by the vet. Buyer will then receive a full refund of the purchase price.
- Buyers are cautioned to pay close attention to any announcements at time of sale, as these announcements take precedence over the printed matter in the catalog. Every effort has been made to assure the correctness of this catalog. The sale management and auctioneer are not responsible for errors or omissions, and assume no liability on their part as to any verbal or written statements regarding horses sold.
- Riding horses are to be as represented for 7 days after the sale. The horse must be delivered to Coyote Slide Ranch within 72 hours of approval to return the horse, and must arrive in sound condition. Sale credit, No Cash Returns, will be given up to the amount of the purchase price of the horse returned. Sale credit must be used at the next sale and may not be carried forward. Unused sale credit will not be refundable whether a horse is purchased or not. For example, if you purchase a horse for $9,000 and return it, and the following sale purchase a horse for $7,000, the original transaction is completed; no further credit or refund will be due. Dan Twombly shall retain sole discretion and final authority to determine whether any claim under this guarantee will be approved.
- Terms of sale are cash. Payment in full must be made to the cashier immediately after the sale. All payments shall be in U.S. Currency and on U.S. Banks only. If you will be paying by check, you will need to bring a letter of credit from your bank to verify funds available. Exception to this ruling would be if we already have one on file from a previous sale. All “returned” checks or Insufficient Funds checks will be immediately turned over to the Clark County District Attorney and charges will be filed. There will be a $200 fee assessed on all returned checks–No Exceptions.
- If a dispute should arise between or among two or more bidders, the Auctioneer shall settle the dispute, and his decision shall be absolute, final, and binding on all parties. Horses are at the buyer’s expense, risk, and responsibility from the instant horse is knocked down by the auctioneer to that buyer.
- Registration papers will be mailed approximately two weeks after the sale. You must notify us within four weeks after the sale if you have not received them.
- All horses will be negative coggins tested for out of state shipment.
Horses must be removed from Mandalay Bay Resort right after the sale on Saturday. If you don’t have transportation lined up we will haul your horse(s) back to our ranch in Nebraska for a minimal fee until transportation arrangements can be made.